Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mbam Isnt Updating?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gagne73

gagne73

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

I havethe malware thing installed but now it wont update so i dont think its worth running... why wont it update?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

Uninstall it then reinstall and you will have the latedt version to scan with.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 gagne73

gagne73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

i just installed it and it says its current database info is august 17th

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,528 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

Please do this, manually download the updates from HERE
Double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install and update.

Another option is the Command Line

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware supports a few simple, but important, command line parameters. To start the program using command line, simply click the Start Menu, Run, and type the following:

mbam.exe /runupdate

allows you to update the program without displaying result dialogs.
OR

mbam.exe /updateshowdialog

allows you to update the program displaying all dialogs.

Edited by boopme, 28 August 2008 - 09:05 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 gagne73

gagne73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

thanks, im still struggling with my computer tho. It still has alot of tracking cookies and italways finds 2 trojans no matter what i scan it with. I scanned it twice with mbam, twice with AVG and once with super. they all still find the same things but dont seem to remove them. im not sure what to do.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,528 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:52 AM

Would you post the scan logs of Mbam and SAS so we can see what it is finding,thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users