Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robyn623

Robyn623

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:23 AM

Last night while browsing the internet I decided to open iTunes to listen to some songs I downloaded recently. When I clicked on the iTunes icon the computer restarted itself. Now the computer will only start in safe mode. The blue screen said something about the ialmdev5.dll file and then it said page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. I have no idea what this means. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am using Windows XP. Thanks for any info you can give. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

Go to the manufacturers website, for your video card, and try updating to the latest drivers.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Compfu Kid

Compfu Kid

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

I agree that this is most likely hardware... but since you are unable to login to the pc except for in Safe Mode... if you do not have a means of installing a driver at this time, I would run a repair install of Windows XP... the way you do this is...

-Boot up to the XP cd
-Hit Enter at the first prompt (do not enter the recovery console, install windows)
-2nd prompt hit F8 to accept the license agreement
-Now hit R to run a repair install of Windows XP
-have your license product key available as you will need it...

wait about 45 minutes and you should be able to boot up in normal mode.

Hiya!

Compfu Kid
Hiya!

Compfu Kid

#4 Robyn623

Robyn623
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:54 PM

Thank you so much!!! I updated the video card driver and it worked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users