Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't Display Picture!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 chow2rich

chow2rich

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

I'm having trouble viewing a website that has a video clip. I'm currently using IE7 and I can only hear the audio from the video clip but not the pictures coming from the video clip. I'm running XP on this computer. I tried the same website on another computer it worked. I can view and hear from the video clip. Also running XP and IE7. Please help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

What website might that be?

Louis

#3 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

It's a chinese website, but my other computer didn't have to install anything like ActiveX.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

Do you have the latest version of Flash? What browser are you using?

#5 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

I'm using IE7 and using current flash version 9.00f or c something like that. My other computer is also XP and it didn't have a problem. Only on this machine. I can't see the picture, I can only hear the audio only.

Edited by chow2rich, 30 August 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

Then there's obviously a difference in the setup of the two computers. What is it?

#7 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

What do you mean by setup? Which setup do you refer to? I'm not quite following you. Please explain more. Thank you.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:42 PM

If your laptop is playing videos properly and your desktop isn't playing videos properly, obviously there is a difference in the way the computers are set up. We can't really help you with that. You have to figure it out. It's probably something very minor but there's no magic fix. So you have to check your security settings, browser settings and settings within Flash to see what the difference is and why one will play videos and the other won't. I don't think it's an issue with Flash but it could be just about anything else.

#9 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

Their both Toshiba Laptops. Just different model.

#10 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:38 AM

It doesn't matter. There's still no magic fix. There's a difference in the way the computers are set up so one will play videos properly and the other doesn't. We can't look at your computer settings. You have to do that and see what the difference is. It's not reasonable for you to expect anyone here to pour fairy dust over it and fix it. It's probably something very minor but not easy to find and you have to do it. We can only guess that it's something within your browser or security settings but there's no way to know exactly what that might be.

#11 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Both Computers have the same Internet Options even in the advanced tab the settings are all the same. I'm guessing the multimedia under the advanced tab in Internet Option showing pictures has a problem. I'm thinking it might be that is causing the problem. My computer was infected before and it might be that.

#12 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

It's certainly possible that an infection can change the settings even if you've been declared clean.

#13 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:30 PM

If that's case, what should I do? How can I get it back to normal? My computer is disinfected already. How can I get back to where it was. And I never did create a restore point where it was good. I know should have done that, but what is done is done, I can't go back now. So the question is, what should I do now?

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

Repair install.

If you had an infection, you have no idea what might be missing or corrupt in your system files.

Louis

#15 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

So you suggest me to do a Repair Install?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users