Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Anti-virus Software 8.0 Installation Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BillyK23

BillyK23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

Hello everyone! I am new to this website and in dire need of some assistance in trying to figure out what is wrong with my laptop DELL Inspiron 6000, which is Windows XP Home Addition Version 2002 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 1.50GHz

I just purchased the new 8.0 AVG Anti-Virus software for my computer. I downloaded it and now it is ready to be installed onto my laptop. I click the 'RUN' tab to run the file,w hich works fine, the set up extracts to 100%. I get the Welcome to AVG Setup Program pop-up, Click Next, then it starts checking my system status. That makes it through with flying colors. Finally, once it gets to the Stand Installation popup, I click that, enter my License No., and click Next and it's starts Installing......but nothing happens and it gives me this error message :

1 error and 11 warnings occured. The details show this:

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.AvgKernel: creating registry key....
Error 0x80070005
Warning: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office: creating registry key....
Error 0x80070005
Warning: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office\CLSID: creating registry key....
Internal error. Registry handle has not been opened.
Warning: Action failed for registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office\CLSID:: creating registry value....
Parent registry key for value creation has not been initialized.
Warning: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office\CurVer: creating registry key....
Warning: Action failed for registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office\CurVer:: creating registry value....
Warning: Action failed for registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office:: creating registry value....
Rollback:
Warning: Action failed for registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office\CLSID:: removing registry value....
Warning: Action failed for registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office\CurVer:: removing registry value....
Warning: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office\CurVer: removing registry key....
Warning: Action failed for registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office:: removing registry value....
Warning: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG.Office: removing registry key....
Error 0x80070005

And yes I am logged in as Administrator!

If anyone knows what is going on with my computer and why it won't let me install this program i could really use your help.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPeterman

JPeterman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

Just a thought here, but if it was me, I would be giving AVG a shout, it`s their software, and you paid for it, as well as their "support". They should assist you in your endeavor to load their software onto your computer. They have been having some problems with AVG as of late, it could be one of those that is hindering you from loading the software, or it could be as simple as a corrupt download.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?2,85438,85496

Louis

#4 BillyK23

BillyK23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?2,85438,85496

Louis

tHANKS FOR THE HELP. It didn't work though, but I think it didn't work cause I couldn't find the subkeys, so I will have to download this SubInAcl from Microsoft.

I hope that works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users