Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver For Ethernet Controller Isn't Installed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

After I installed Windows XP and checked Device Manager, it reported that the driver for Ethernet Controller is not installed.

How do I find the driver for it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hi mate,

First go the manufacturer website of your laptop and find the drivers there. If it is dell enter the model number and the service tag number. Then install the drivers accordingly.

If you to find which company is your driver. Right click on ethernet controller , go to details, from the drop down list select the hardward ids and note the 4 characters following VEN and DEV. and find enter at www.pcidatabase.com .

But first load the drivers from the manufacture website. That should solve it.

Sreez

Edited by sreez, 28 August 2008 - 10:19 AM.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Ethernet controller will show up for both a wired or a wireless connection on some systems. What make and model PC do you have? Does it have wireless capability? Can you connect to the internet with a wired connection?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

I'll try to download the driver I found at the manufacturer's website.

My PC's a Fujitsu-Siemens Celsius R610. It only has wireless when I attach my USB Wi-FI Adapter. But I haven't tried to connect to the internet using wired.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

Soooo...you have a wireless and a wired connection capability.

Are the drivers for either installed?

It matters not whether you have attempted to connect to the Interent with both devices...once sensed/recognized by Windows, the need for drivers will be reflected in Device Manager (unless the onboard NIC is disabled in the BIOS).

The USB adapter has its own drivers which need to be installed.

Louis

#6 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the help sreez! I was able to install the ethernet controller! :thumbsup:

#7 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

Glad to know that helped. :thumbsup:

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users