Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Input Signal Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 championless

championless

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:00 AM

Hi

I've just tried to plug in a slave disc drive to my computer. I unplugged the fan that i've got so i could get inside the tower easier. Now when i've plugged it back in, the monitor won't turn on, it comes up with no input signal. I can get the fan to work again, the power comes on and the cd drive works but the monitor just won't work! I don't understand why as i've tried every combination of red/yellow/black wire into the fan's wire and it just won't work again now. ANY IDEAS? I'm ready to throw this out of this window, it's been one thing after another with this lately!

My computer has the following specs :-

CPU: AMD SEMPERON 2400+ 333Mhz FSB
HARD DISC 80 GIG 7200 RPM
Motherboard : Asrock K7S41-GX333FSB & 400DDR
Memory : 1GB DDR Memory
Video Card : REAL 256 INTEGRATED 3D GRAPHICS GPU
DVD-RW : YES
Floppy : 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Network Card : 10/100 Fast Ethernet Network Controller
USB : 4X REAR USB, 2X FRONT USB PORTS
Sound Card : 5.1 3D audio processing unit (APU)
Case : ice box zorro gamer ATX Case w/450 WATT PS and Front USB Ports
Keyboard / Mouse : Ezkey Silver/black 10 Hot Key Button Mouse & Labtec Internet Keyboard
Speakers : Made by Trust
Operating System : Windows XP Pro with SP2
Monitor: Digimate L-1715 17" TFT Monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:10 AM

Try to reseat the video card. It may be that simple. It could have been bumped when you were inside the case and just needs to be reseated. If you have a spare card try swaping to see if it works.

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:10 AM

Hi Championless,

I unplugged the fan that i've got so i could get inside the tower easier

What fan are you speaking about here? Is it just a fan fitted to one of the case panels?
If so it doesn't matter whether it is running or not as far as booting the system goes. In that case your problem lies elsewhere.

You have integrated graphics so its not a card seating problem, it could be a memory seating problem though. Try unplugging and replugging your memory stick(s).

Is the new hard drive still in the system? If so remove it, there may be a conflict with the original hard drive. When you say the CD drive "works" what do you mean?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 championless

championless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:21 AM

It's not the video card coz it's on board, i've checked the cables and memory and that hasn't fixed it. It did actually turn on once or twice but then froze when it got to boot from the hard drive, but the hard drive was working alright before i started this...

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:44 AM

Since this happened after you were inside the case and you have integrated video its quite possible that you have damaged the video chip with static electricity if you inadvertantly touched it. Were you grounded to the case while you were inside there?

If you can, try a video card in one of the slots. According to the ASRock webpage for that mobo you have a choice of either AGP or PCI to put a card in.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 championless

championless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:51 AM

I don't have a spare video card to put in and the one thats there is on board. Do you have any other ideas?

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

My point is that I think the on board video chip is fried. You need to buy a video card. Luckily you can get either a PCI or AGP card and carry on. Your on board video was 64MB so you can find a fairly cheap replacement or you can upgrade to 128MB.

Please do NOT use a 3.3V AGP card on the AGP slot of this motherboard!
It may cause permanent damage! For the voltage information of your
graphics card, please check with the graphics card vendors.

You can get the mobo manual here. Page 17 shows the fan connectors.

You can also try another monitor to eliminate that as the problem.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#8 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

Just a thought but have you removed the Slave disk drive? and tried it without that?

#9 championless

championless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:26 PM

Thanks, but i've somehow managed to solve it, i tried plugging everything in again and for some reason it works now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users