Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I'm Infected...bad!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 angel200688

angel200688

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:30 AM

I have a virus/malware/spyware...something and it's driving me crazy. :thumbsup: It first put itself on my desktop and tells me to download something to get rid of it. I'm not that stupid...i'm not going to click on it. It's a white screen with a box in the middle saying it has detected a virus. In my display box it doesn't have the background option. I've even deleted that stupid background by searching all .bmp files on my computer and it always comes back. I can't empty my recycling bin bc where the empty button is...it isn't bold print...it's faded. It won't let me download anything and it won't let me go to antivirus sites at all. It replaces my google search results and when I type in something in the URL it says analitic-checks.google.com at the bottom of the page. It's went so far as to hide my system restore. But I turned off my system restore bc some of my computer savy friends told me to. Even when I go into safe mode it is the same. Can't download, can't search. I'm at a loss and my friends are telling me that I'm going to have to wipe my system...which I don't want to do bc I don't think I know where the XP CD is. And I just checked it again and now it's rebooting itself over and over and it gets to the windows screen and it freezes, shows BSOD and reboots. HELP ME if you can, I mean what can I do if I can't download anything? Oh and before it started rebooting I did find adaware that was already downloaded on my system, I ran that and if found things but said it deleted them. Well the symptoms are still going on. And the name of the background was phc39djoetar.bmp if that helps any. This virus sucks...I've had others that weren't this bad, whoever made this one was smart and thought of everything. :flowers:

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:48 AM

If you cannot use the Internet or download any programs, you are going to need access to another computer (family member, friend, etc) with an Internet connection. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, save it to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer or install from the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD so it will install on the hard drive.

You will also need to, manually download the updates, save and transfer them as well. After installing MBAM, just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install and update.

Before performing a Quick Scan with MBAM in normal mode, please print out and follow these instructions.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 angel200688

angel200688
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

Thanks! How big should the USB be?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

MBAM is approx. 2037 KB and mbam-rules is 1362 KB.

#5 Rayvn

Rayvn

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Had this at a hotel I was at, if you can't get to the internet using Internet Explorer, you can still get to the internet with FireFox on the same computer. If you don't have it installed, download it and run it off an external hard drive. If it's the same virus at that hotel had, that is.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Using Firefox may or may not work but it will not hurt to try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users