Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services.exe - Application Error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phryme

Phryme

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hi BleepingComputer ;)

Here is a problem I'm faced with currently:

Windows XP Home Edition SP3

services.exe - Application Error from browsing in Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer

The instruction at "0x7c90e823" referenced memory at "0x0000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Upon clicking OK or CANCEL I am brought up to a autoshutdown window with a 60 second countdown.
The countdown states Status Code: -1073741819

I have tried to shutdown /a and shutdown -a and it solves my problem for about 1 minute before I'm presented with a blue screen of death with Technical Information: *** STOP 0x0000008E

I have searched through HJT logs and have ran numerous virus/trojan scanners (AVG Free, McAfee, TrendMicro, Panda etc.) and have cleared my computer from one trojan in AVG Free which seems to be unrelated. I have looked through various Google search items to no avail.

Here is my thing - after straining over this for a few days I have stumbled upon a rather curious reason. I noticed I only received the Application Error when logging into www.gmail.com. If I log in and view in "Basic HTML view" I am not presented with the dreaful Application Error; however, when I load the "Standard View" I am immediately presented with the Application Error. I did a bit of research and GMail's Standard View seems to be heavily dependent on Java!

MySpace causes crashes when I view certain profiles (once with javascripts), Gmail causes a crash and any Java-enabled website.

I think my problem is Java.

I uninstalled any occurences of Java via Add/Remove programs and deleted registry items of Java. I reinstalled Java 6 and I am still getting the same errors.

I want to believe it is only Java causing this but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. Excuse the lengthy post please but I'm desperate in solving this Application Error!

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phryme

Phryme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:09 AM

Forgot to mention - Starting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking allows me to visit gmail.com and view in its Standard View without any problems. I'm sure this will prove vital in helping determine the root of this problem.

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:21 AM

You should check out the HJT Thread and Post a Log there, Mate.

Looks like you could have a few Nasties.

They can Help you better than what we can, I think.

BTW, they are trained to read YOUR Log, we are not, so if you Post a Log here it will just be moved into Limbo until you Post it there.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 28 August 2008 - 02:27 AM.

#4 Phryme

Phryme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:30 AM

Thanks. Posted in the HJT forum.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:15 AM

As you have a log posted in the HiJack This forums, I'm closing this topic. Should you need additional assistance with this problem once the HiJackThis team has finished with your log, please PM a moderator to reopen this topic.

As you have a log posted in the HiJack This forums, I'm closing this topic. Should you need additional assistance with this problem once the HiJackThis team has finished with your log, please PM a moderator to reopen this topic.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users