Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Ram Crashes My Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tripydevo

tripydevo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

I took the ram out of my old computer and swaped it for the one in my new one.
My old computer works fine with my new computers ram, but my new computer isnt using the old ram to nicely.
The ram I put into my new computer is:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...CZ%20Technology
The only thing better about it is the 800mhz, and faster timing.

My new computer works fine with the OCZ ram, untill I do somthing that reqs. it to work hard, eg. playing wow or doing a memtest, these result in my computer going to a blue screen, everytime it says the same message, then below it is somthing like

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Every time it is differnt, At the bottum of the screen it says some stuff about memorie dump file.

So, the problem is this blue screen showing up as a result of my new ram, it goes on about some thing about new hardware, blah blah blah..

My brother told me the problem is the new ram is better and need higher voltage, and my computers bios arnt set to give the voltage, also when I try to change the bios, there isnt an option there.

d3c in the Chatroom said that the ram wasnt compatible, though it is pretty much the same.

Here are some of the specs from my comp using Belarc Advisor:

Board: ACER MCP73 NVIDIA MCP73
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. R01-A3 01/29/2008

1.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

1792 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 1024 MB (serial number SerNum00)
Slot 'DIMM1' has 1024 MB (serial number SerNum01)

I will be happy to supply anyother info if needed.

Any ideas or solutions are welcome, and thanks in advance

~Devo

Edited by tripydevo, 28 August 2008 - 02:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

Just for kicks and grins, go to Crucial and run their scan and see what they suggest for RAM. They don't list your model, so it will be interesting to see what the scan shows up.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 tripydevo

tripydevo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

"Our System Scanner couldn't make a complete match, but we can still help you find the right memory upgrade"

#4 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

Just for kicks and grins, go to Crucial and run their scan and see what they suggest for RAM. They don't list your model, so it will be interesting to see what the scan shows up.

Incompatible RAM is a major cause of so many Problems with Computers.

From tripydevo

d3c in the Chatroom said that the ram wasnt compatible, though it is pretty much the same.

Near enough is not good enough.

Like getting a Blood Transfusion? It is Blood, so use any Blood?

RAM is THE MEMORY of the Computer! If it is defective it is like someone born with a Brain Defect, putting it into brutal terms.

I once had a Computer that would not recognise double sided Ram, it would run, but with all sorts of Problems like you say. Bit like the brutal example I gave? Once I changed to single sided RAM that Computer ran sweet as any thing.

Put back in your Original RAM and buy the same for the old one and Problem should be solved.

BTW, be prepared for the old Computer not to work now on it's old RAM. Windows will let you go forward, rarely backwards. Example trying to go back from NTFS to Fat32 or to any earlier system for a HDD. Try it?

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 28 August 2008 - 02:08 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:58 AM

You might try lowering your bus speed in the BIOS, from 200 to 166.

I'd run Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2008 - 12:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users