Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Sync My Sandisk Mp3 Player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvilPiper

EvilPiper

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

I've had my Sandisk Sansa e280 8gb for about nine months when all of a sudden, whenever I tried to sync it to my computer (running windows XP Media Center 2005) the program with which I was trying to sync it with crashed.

I've tried Windows Media Player, iTunes, Rhapsody, and everything else that I have but they all just say "Windows Media Player (or whatever program I'm using)has encountered a problem and needs to close".

The converter that came with the sansa (Sansa Media Converter), can still convert and transfer video files but if I try to add music files no matter what the format, Mp3, Wma, Wav, anything, it says "unable to add bla bla bla, file format not supported".

I've ran out of things to try, so please somebody help me. :thumbsup:

Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

Sounds to me as if your converter software is corrupt...I'd try the uninstall/reinstall routine.

Louis

#3 EvilPiper

EvilPiper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

I've uninstalled and then installed twice, no go. :thumbsup:

#4 texasredneck

texasredneck

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

if you are using media player 10 or earlier versions of wmp you need to upgrade to wmp11 and it should correct the problem.it worked on my sansa,sony and zen mp3 players when i had the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users