Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Message Saying Ie7 No Longer Default Manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter B

Peter B

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

When ever I open up my IE7 program I get a message stating that IE is not my current browser and am given the option whether I would like to make it my default. This message happens everytime despite the fact that I have already chosen IE7 in the Internet options in Control Panel. Something is causing my system not to recognise IEP as my default although Windows Internet Explorer is displayed on the top bar. Can anyone shed anylight on this problem?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

Try another method.

Start menu/All Programs/Set Program and Access Defaults.

Custom.

Choose a default Web browser.
Check Internet Explorer, click OK.

If that doesn't work, you could try resetting internet explorer settings.
Internet Options/Advanced tab.
Click RESET, then Apply.

Resetting will change your homepage to msn, and can easily be changed back to whatever you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users