Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eric Yau

Eric Yau

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

So it's possible to upgrade computer parts? I always just threw them out when they got old. I've been trying to find info, here and at cnet. Can I upgrade the processor on my laptop? Where can I go to find out about that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:13 AM

Some things can be upgraded, some things can't. The processor can be upgraded to what the motherboard allows, and often, the processor is already as big as it can be. In addition, with a laptop, increased heat from a larger processor may cause serious problems.

I'd start looking at the website of the company that made your laptop. Then, I'd find out what kind of motherboard it is, and what processors it supports. You can use a utility like Everest or Belarc Advisor to find out more about your equipment.

Everest infotool

Belarc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users