Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replaced Monitor Cable, Now No Signal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kpic

kpic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

I have been having trouble with my Sony panel monitor for several months. The power to the screen would occasionally turn off, then would come back on if I tipped the screen back a little bit. I finally decided to just check to see if the cables were loose. The power was a little loose, so I pushed them in tight. However, the cable that connects to the pc doesn't seem to be working. I replaced that cable and it still didn't work with my Sony Vaio desktop.
Next I tried the new cable with another desktop computer, and that one works. Then I tried the original Sony monitor cable with the new desktop pc and it doesn't work, so I concluded the the original cable was bad.

Now the problem is that when I plug the new cable into the Sony desktop it says "cable disconnected" and the monitor goes into energy saving mode. I tried unplugging everything from the Sony pc and leaving the power off for about 15 minutes then connected and restarted and same problem. I can hear the pc running and the light on the front flashes like its thinking about something, but no video signal. I unplugged everything again and blew out all the dust with an air hose, reconnected, and same problem. Any other suggestions on how to get it going?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reelkill

reelkill

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

try another monitor with your vaio desktop

reelkill.filetap.com
shaunthorpe.blogspot.com

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

Check for bent pins in the cable ends.

It would come back on if I tipped the screen back a little bit.

That suggests it could possibly be the plug receptacle in the monitor
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users