Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad Users And Computers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hi Guys,

In my AD everything is fine expect whenever I try to open AD users and computers. It gives me message MMC cant open C:windows\system32\dsa.msc.
But I can see this file being there.

I unistalled the Administrative pack and reinstalled it but that didnt help either. So guys any one have a solution. As this is very important tool.

Thanks,
Sreez

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hello sreez,

Have you looked at this knowledgebase article yet?

Hope this helps,
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

Thanks for the link Galadriel but my XP is not x64, it is x86.

The AD users and computers was working fine few days before this problem came all of sudden and I dont know reason of it. I didnt even install anything on this system that affects AD. There is no syswow64 in my windows directory as well.

Any more views are appreciated.

Edited by sreez, 28 August 2008 - 04:36 AM.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#4 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:28 AM

Do anybody have ideas about this.

Thanks,
Sreez

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

Basic references for AD: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%...mp;aq=f&oq=

Louis

#6 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the link mate.

But there I couldnt find a solution for my problem

#7 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:37 AM

Hi ,

I have solved this issue by installing the latest the MMCv3. :thumbsup: Hope it helps if someone has a same problem.

Sreez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users