Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd Internet Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joenox

joenox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:39 AM

Hi all I have been having this problem for some time now. My isp keeps saying nothing is wrong so i just installed a new nic in my pc trying to see if its my nic and its not.Now i thought the problem also happened on lyndas pc but now its not. Its only on my pc.

Could it be the motherboard? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Things i tried

-Ran new coaxial
-Installed new splitter
-disconnected router
-installed brand new nic
-reformatted
-new cat5 patch cable
-New modem
-isp said all is fine

The problem

My web get slow, my downloads stop/drop and i have to restart them, web videos only load so much, now watch these 2 videos 1 from speedtest . net and the other form giganews.

Also I noticed that I have to load a wed video ( youtube google or any other video) 2 or 3 times before it will play. What I mean is I can click on a youtube video then it loads only a few seconds and wont load no more I have to refresh the page once or twice and then the video will start to download and load to play

click videos below

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by joenox, 27 August 2008 - 05:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

Are you using any firewall programs? If so, try disabling them temporarily and see if the problem continues.

#3 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

Can you describe the topology? Do you have a router / switch / hub in between the cable modem and your end device?
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#4 joenox

joenox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

I have 2 pc's-> dlink 4300 router ->surfboard 5120 cable modem.

I have disabled all firewalls and removed the router. This is happening on 1 of my 2 pc's and has been for a few months on and off. It doesnt happen all the time but is becoming more frequent.

Like i sadi I

Reformatted
got a new modem
installed new coaxial
Bought a new nic
disconnected my router ( 1 pc to the modem)
new cat 5 patch cable
called isp 100000000 times and they said all is fine and my signals are fine.

#5 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hi this may not help with your problem, but I have found it more reliable than my own isp test. http://www.cnet.com.au/broadband/speedtest.htm
(Thanks to ruby 1).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users