Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Again!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ryazmom

ryazmom

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

I thought I had this fixed.
In searching my files again I found yk60x86.sys. So my question is. What do I do with this file or is it even causing my BSOD problem?

Thanks in advance.

"Great work! You make my job easy! smile.gif

So, the most likely culprit for the crash is nnrnstdi.SYS
This most likely belongs either to a NetRatings (Nielsen Online) or to a Nokia driver on your system.

Other possible culprits are your network driver (yk60x86.sys) or your Avast antivirus (aswTdi.SYS)"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

That file you listed is your Miniport Ethernet Controller, try updating all your Network Drivers. You can't delete it because of it being 1 of your Network Drivers you may have trouble connecting to the Internet.

#3 ryazmom

ryazmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:42 PM

Ok, I updated driver and it was fine as is. As I was reading something on the www, I got another BSOD
When I restarted the pc I got this message from windows.......................

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 100000d1
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000008
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082708-01.dmp
C:\Users\Terri\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-75878-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Terri\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5649.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

The driver can be the most updated version and still be corrupted. Most times just installing a new copy will fix things - but sometimes you'll have to uninstall the old one before installing the new one in order to get at the one thing that's causing the problem.

Here's a link to your other post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162251/blue-screen-with-this-error-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal/

Since the easy fix didn't work, we'll have to go at this the hard way :huh: Here's a link to a brief description of the error message: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xd1

The first step is to check for malware - but you've stated that you've already done that in your previous posts.
Next, use the Windows Memory Diagnostic to test your system's memory: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/using-vista-windows-memory-diagnostics-tool/
Then, reset your system's pagefile by doing this:

a ) Go to Start...Run...and type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
-Then click on the Advanced tab,
-then on the Performance Settings Button,
-then on the next Advanced tab,
-then on the Virtual Memory Change button.
b ) In this window, note down the current settings for your pagefile (so you can restore them later on).
-Then click on the "No paging file" radio button, and
- then on the "Set" button. Be sure, if you have multiple hard drives, that you ensure that the paging file is set to 0 on all of them.
-Click OK to exit the dialogs.
c ) Reboot (this will remove the pagefile from your system)
d ) Then go back in following the directions in step a ) and re-enter the settings that you wrote down in step b ). Follow the steps all the way through (and including) the reboot.
e ) Once you've rebooted this second time, go back in and check to make sure that the settings are as they're supposed to be.

Next will be to enable the Driver Verifier tool and let it run until you get another crash. Then you'll perform an analysis of the crash dump file (as you did in the other topic) and post it here for us to have a look at.

To do that, go to Start and type in "verifier.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
In the window that pops up, click on Next (this creates the standard settings)
In the next window, click on Next (this will select the unsigned drivers)
In the next window, click on Finish.
Then, reboot your computer.
- If it crashes immediately, this is a good thing - and the dump file analysis will likely reveal the name of the offending driver.
- If it doesn't crash immediately, keep it running until it does crash. This crash can provide further clues to the reason for the problem.
Once you save the crash dump analysis, then go back into Driver Verifier and select the "delete existing settings" button and complete the dialog. This will turn off Driver Verifier. The reason for this is that Driver Verifier will slow down your system some, and deleting those settings will let it return to normal performance.
Once you've done that
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 ryazmom

ryazmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

I did as you suggested. At the very end of the unsigned drivers there are several listed. (See attachment) Not sure if that means anything or not so I took a picture anyhow. Of course as luck would have it, No crash yet!

#6 ryazmom

ryazmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

If you read the last driver on the list it say's it is for XP/2000??. I have Vista Home Premium. :huh: :huh:

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:48 AM

It's normal for those to show up - and, if all goes right, when the crash occurs it'll blame one of them for the crashes (my money's on the nnrnstdi.SYS as it still seems to be on your system).

Normally uninstalling the offending program will fix things, but sometimes you've gotta root around inside the OS to eliminate all traces of a driver before it'll behave correctly.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 ryazmom

ryazmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Ok, I was shutting down last night and windows was updating then was to shut down. I started up this am to see the Bsod. Here are the results....
But first is the error message from Windows...

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 100000d5
BCP1: 8C2F8F80
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 9A0DD537

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082908-04.dmp
C:\Users\Terri\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-64880-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Terri\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA68B.tmp.version.txt

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

int15.sys

The driver is attempting to access memory after it has been freed.

If this is the first time u seen this stop error screen,restart pc ............blah blah blah

Technical information:

***STOP:0x000000D5 (0x939CEF80, 0x00000000, 0x995d7537, 0x00000000)

*** int15.sys - Address 995D7537 base at 995D7000, DateStamp 3f7a664d

Collecting date for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

The error message points to the Acer Empowering Technology (or Pocket Mechanic) as the source of the error.
Since this is a STOP 0xD5 error - that means that Driver Verifier caught this error during an operation to free the Special memory Pool.

So, that's the most likely source of the problem - try uninstalling the Acer Empowering technology and see if that stops the errors. If you can live without it, leave it uninstalled.

#10 ryazmom

ryazmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

What exactly is Acer Empowering technology? Is it a driver. I didn't see it in my list of programs and features.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Is this an Acer computer? If so, what's the model number?

#12 ryazmom

ryazmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

Yes, It is Acer Aspire AST180-UA380B
I can't log on and all I get is the bsod and this message from Windows. Right now I am in Safe mode with networking. I have only had this piece of crap for maybe 9 months and not soon after I had problems with it and Microsoft ended up sending me Vista Home Premium to load in to it. It came with Vista Home.

BCP3: 9A1C8537

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082908-05.dmp
C:\Users\Terri\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-47954-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Terri\AppData\Local\Temp\WER87F3.tmp.version.txt

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

Driver Verifier is causing these crashes. You have to go into Safe Mode and run Driver Verifier again, this time selecting the "Delete existing settings" option in the first screen (and click through the rest of the dialog to confirm that the settings are deleted). Once that's done, you should be able to reboot and get back into Windows normally.

Edited by usasma, 29 August 2008 - 05:07 PM.

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

In Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall Programs there should be entries for the various Acer eServices - uninstall them. The int15.sys file is most likely associated with the Acer eRecovery program - so that'd be the place to start.

#15 ryazmom

ryazmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:01 PM

So far,so good. I thank you once again!
:huh: :huh: :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users