Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Will Not Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DEC_42

DEC_42

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:41 PM

When booting up my computer, the process passed POST and then when attempting to load windows off of my main HDD, it failed. Windows simply will not load. I can't get to the special boot options page; that's how bad it is. I have not changed any Bios settings or installed any new hardware. In my search for a solution, I did reset the bios settings, but that didn't help, either. (Even made it worse - set SATA mode to RAID...) Anyways, all drives connected to the computer are detected and nothing else seems out of whack. I'm clueless right now.

System Specs:

Windows Vista, 32bit
4 GB Corsair DDR2 800
Intel Pentium 4 'Prescott' @ 3.00 GHz
nVidia GeForce 8600GTS

Any Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

Have you tried repairing the Windows installation with the install disc? Was there anything unusual happening prior to the errors? Driver or software installation, even Windows Updates, can cause problems from time to time.

3939.png

#3 MrUnderpants

MrUnderpants

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Boot from another disk/cd? post result

phil

#4 hamluis

hamluis