Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Drive Is Not Recognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pensacola

pensacola

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hi people

I am Marina and I have unusual problem. I picked up some kind of virus, on the desktop were a message something like "VIRUS ALERT". Folders on the desktop like my documents,my computer... were erased. I couldnt get into the system to remove it,not even control panel,nothing. So I did system restore to previous date and I made bigger mess.
Then I tried to reinstall windows on my laptop but it want recognize any cd,then I burned windows instalation on a dvd and tried to boot from dvd but nothing. Problem is that it wont recognize cd but dvd yes.I can still burn things into dvd BUT it wont boot from it .

I am shore that it isnt hardware problem,I think it is due the virus in the system. I cant do anything with my laptop anymore. Now system restore isn`t working either and lots of other features. Please help...

Thanks in forward,
Marina :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:29 AM

In order to be able to boot from a CD the CD-ROM has to be the first device in the boot order, you may need to change this in your BIOS.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 pensacola

pensacola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:34 AM

I did that too but nothing. It isnt recognizing cd. Maybe I need to fix it threw registry but I dont know how...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users