Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot open Install.LOG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

Would anyone know how to go about getting rid of Gamespy Acrade Manually??

It was automatically installed on my comp after I got some game or something (I forget). I tried re-installing it, and I still cant get rid of it, every time I try it says "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file" I found the INSTALL.LOG and I was able to open it fine in notepad.
SO i guess one way to get rid of it, is manual uninstall.

I use Regsitrar lite, so there is no problem in searching my registry for keys.
I could open the INSTALL.LOG and fined every file that Gamespy installed, but its a HUGE file. I put it in word, and it counted:
1,447 Lines
each line is a diff file....

I also have Registry Mechanic....Would that get rid of all the registries if I delete the majority of Gamespy??

Also, I am running Win 2K, and have 5 partitions...if that matters at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:01 PM

Hello there. Can you see in program files a file called "gamespy" if yes try getting rid of it.. i guess thats the only way.....

hope i helped

Claudio

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

You should be able to uninstall it through settings, add/remove programs. I have done so four or five times.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

Yea, thats what I have been trying to do. Its really weird. I think the problem doesnt exist with the game but some of the internals of the OS might be messed up a little. I dunno.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

Have you checked the GameSpy folder for its uninstaller; that might be another way to get rid of it.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

I tried it. Same results.
FYI, All the Add or remove programs is, is a one stop place for shortcuts, to all the un-installers for every program basically. So it was the same, but I did try any way.

#7 kailash

kailash

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:53 PM

just type in "regedit" in run and press ok then go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" and find gamespy arcade and delete it. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users