Jump to content
Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:21 PM
Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:28 PM
Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:56 PM
- I simply do not understand how a Client User mode application can cause a blue screen like this to occur. Even if it is accessing memory where it shouldnt, it should cause a user mode exception not a Kernel mode blue screen, shouldnt it?
1) An issue with Client Test App
- This seems most likely to me although I cant see that info from the dump analysis (yet?).
2) An issue with a driver on the system
- I was just informed that this person has another laptop which is exactly the same as the first and the error re-occurs... so memory corruption seems unlikely.
3) An issue with the system's memory (less likely, but possible).
- It could be... and this will be tried. I have also been informed that this Client Test app is successfully running on a number of other machines and has never blue screened.
Could this copy of Client Test App be corrupted? Can you try another, fresh copy?
Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:51 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users