Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Login Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nemcon

Nemcon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:20 PM

I recently set up a new dlink dr-615 router the other night, and I was able to access the control panel just fine from the wired desktop that is hooked up to the router. However, my laptop, which connects to the internet through the router, can not access the options to change anything in the router. When I go to 192.168.0.1, the router login page appears, but when i attempt to login, it waits a few seconds, then I get a pop up saying "The network connection seems to be down", even though I am able to get on the internet through the router.

What can I do in order to access the control panel from the laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Open your network connections and then the properties of the wireless connection. What is listed under 'Preferred Networks'? It sounds like you may be connecting to another network that may use the same subnet. If you see anything in the list that does not belong remove it.
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

#3 Nemcon

Nemcon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

I went through and did that, and nothing still. It's the only preferred network there.

#4 dbough

dbough

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

Another option is to remove ALL wireless networks from the same list, and then reconnect. You will be asked to enter your WEP or WPA key again. I've taken this from here: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-38-d-link-524
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. -Jet Black; Cowboy Bebop

-CCVP

Well, Technically ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users