Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Uninstall Hijackthis & Dss?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tia08

tia08

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

I was here a couple of weeks ago about my computer.
I guess everything was cleaned so how do i remove hijackthis & dss without messing up anything?
thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:06 PM

Go to Add Remove programs and uninstall.

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

Are you sure? My HJT just runs once unzipped. It never is installed in the Add/Remove and add stuff to the registry sense, is it ?
I don't understand why uninstall HJT when it's such a useful diagnostic tool if for nothing else but to get a good list of few important things for comparing later.

Edited by tos226, 26 August 2008 - 08:07 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

As Queen -Evie stated you can remove HJT from the Control Panel.

DSS .. search for DSS.exe and delete.
DSS is out of service for now until an item is fixed.

Personally I uninstall HJT and Install as needed. No sense even running a n out of date version. Plus it is not a toy and should not be used by some one who is not trained to use it. Eliminating one wrong line can render a PC useless or unbootable..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:12 AM

For HijackThis, if it's not listed in Add/Remove, you can go to Config... and then select Misc Tools. Scroll down and choose Uninstall HijackThis and exit.

The above removes all registry entries created by the running of the tool. After that's done, just find the HijackThis exe and delete it.

DSS is a standalone program, which means it only requires deleting the exe. Do note that when ran it creates a folder in C: called Deckard, you may wish to delete that folder as well. As stated above, DSS should not be run now.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users