Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Man Who Cycled The World

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:32 AM

Yep not sure if you lot watch it when it was on TV but cycling the world is a big achivement, and one man done in in 194 days and 17 hours - Mark Beaumont. Beats the world record by 3 months!

Links below are the videos on BBC Iplayer - they are 28 minutes each - worth watching

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Discuss about it :thumbsup:

My goal is also to cycle the world when im older!

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

Bumping.

#3 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:00 AM

Bumping.

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

I tried to follow the links but found the video's no longer available. Although, it seems like it would be kinda hard to cycle across the oceans... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

From link 1 "The Man Who Cycled the World: Episode 1 is no longer available. Programmes are available for a limited number of days after broadcast." As Wildabeast, has advised us.

Since the links are no longer available this topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users