Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Want To Install Driver For Hp Printer, But....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nancyadams

nancyadams

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

Have a Hewlett Packard All-in-one printer/scanner/copier, 1350v. Has run like a charm on my desktop since I got it in '04.

Unplugged it from my desktop to use on my laptop for travel purposes. Couldn't find the CD anywhere (did I accidentally throw it away. Groan), so I went to the HP website and downloaded the driver for the 1350v.

Then I successfully saved the files into the folder, then Checking System, then Preparing to Install, then Installing, then I connect the USB cable, then I check Install for a specific location, choose the file....and within 30 seconds, I get the following box: CANNOT INSTALL HARDWARE. The required section was not found in the INF file. Huh??? :thumbsup:

Called HP, and nothing they've recommended has worked. Have done a System Restore, have cleaned out my temp folders, have uninstalled and reinstalled...you name it. In fact, they screwed up my computer. Had to download a Video Driver.

I even tried a friends HP printer--newer version of the All-in-one and with her CD. I got an error message about the USB, which made no sense.

So....I still sit without the ability to install this driver. for MY 1350v printer. Any ideas??? Is this a FIREFOX issue? A Norton Anti-virus issue?? An XP Professional issue? What??

Nancy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Remove what you have installed and try it this way
Download it again and save it to the Desktop. Reboot your computer while tapping the F8 key. When prompted, select Safemode. Then try installing it while in safemode and see if that helps
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 nancyadams

nancyadams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:53 AM

Hi. Thank you for replying. When I following your instructions below, and choose Safe Mode, all I get next is a list of drivers from top to bottom written in white on the black background, and nothing highlighted and no way to do a thing. I do note that I could also choose Networking Safe Mode and Command Prompts Safe Mode. Would one of those take to a safe mode desktop where I could then try installing again?? Nancy

Remove what you have installed and try it this way
Download it again and save it to the Desktop. Reboot your computer while tapping the F8 key. When prompted, select Safemode. Then try installing it while in safemode and see if that helps

#4 nancyadams

nancyadams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

Sure hope someone has an idea to the below. I did get one reply as shown, but when I couldn't understand one aspect of the reply, there was no answer. HELP. lol.

Have a Hewlett Packard All-in-one printer/scanner/copier, 1350v. Has run like a charm on my desktop since I got it in '04.

Unplugged it from my desktop to use on my laptop for travel purposes. Couldn't find the CD anywhere (did I accidentally throw it away. Groan), so I went to the HP website and downloaded the driver for the 1350v.

Then I successfully saved the files into the folder, then Checking System, then Preparing to Install, then Installing, then I connect the USB cable, then I check Install for a specific location, choose the file....and within 30 seconds, I get the following box: CANNOT INSTALL HARDWARE. The required section was not found in the INF file. Huh??? :thumbsup:

Called HP, and nothing they've recommended has worked. Have done a System Restore, have cleaned out my temp folders, have uninstalled and reinstalled...you name it. In fact, they screwed up my computer. Had to download a Video Driver.

I even tried a friends HP printer--newer version of the All-in-one and with her CD. I got an error message about the USB, which made no sense.

So....I still sit without the ability to install this driver. for MY 1350v printer. Any ideas??? Is this a FIREFOX issue? A Norton Anti-virus issue?? An XP Professional issue? What??

Nancy

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:00 AM

The black page with the white lettering is shown while Safe Mode starts, a second page will open explaining that this is safe mode...click on ok and Safe mode will continue to open up. It will appear differently, but will function the same.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users