Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ways To Build A Electronic Generater

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 i am not known

i am not known

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:24 AM

hi i have a sience progect and i need to build an eletronic generater and i've heard you can make one with magnets and copper wire is this posible and if it is with things would i need

Edit: Moved topic from Tips and Tricks to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,192 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

Check out the simple construction in the link below. You may have to take out a second mortgage to purchase the copper wire, though.
http://www.discoverthis.com/project-simple...-generator.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 roc1911

roc1911

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

You may find some of the stuff you need at a place called
coolest-gadets.com
this place is cool, and if don't find what you looking for there,
you may find other stuff that you like.
good luck with your project!
Posted Image
Posted Image
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
TO KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND NOT TO DO IT,
IS TO BE WITHOUT COURAGE........CONFUCIUS

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

Here's a good science project one, parts list included Too bad Australia doesn't have Radio Shack
http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/amateur/coilgen.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 blknblu1

blknblu1

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

Hey! Good to see people are interested in this sort of thing.

Here is a link to a project I have made in my garage. http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/builders_corner.htm

It is as DIY as you can get. It isn't for those who are all thumbs, but puts out some serious power.

If you live in or near a large urban center, you can source all of the parts yourself, or you can just buy the kit and source the rest. If serious, buy the kit and save yourself the hassle.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

Interesting. May I ask what you are using it for?
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

its simpaly for a science project something to power a light bulb will be good enough
I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

Radio Shack was Tandy in Australia - absorbed into Dick Smith Electronics.

You can get project parts from DSE or Jaycar, Altronics in the west or WES Components if you're in Sydney.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#9 blknblu1

blknblu1

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:55 AM

Well, if that is all you need it for, just yard an alternator out of any car. It uses some of its own power to create the required magnetic field instead of using permanent magnets, but will put out a constant 12-14 v dc.

Certainly cheaper.

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

Well, if that is all you need it for, just yard an alternator out of any car. It uses some of its own power to create the required magnetic field instead of using permanent magnets, but will put out a constant 12-14 v dc.

Certainly cheaper.

Yeah, but you know teachers. They want to see it built from scratch. The one I linked will certainly power a flashlight bulb
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users