Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Permanently Off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kchikhani

kchikhani

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:45 AM

Hello,

My Norton 360 has been stuck for the last days on off mode.

Trying to ask for fixing it doesn't lead anywhere.

The advanced settings show clearly that the on button is untikked. Even by setting it on, nothing happens and while entering again I find it to be back on off mode.

Has somebody experienced that problem?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it through either the Control Panel or the programs uninstall utiliy?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 DazzaH2

DazzaH2

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

E-mail norton support they may have a fix? (1st road i'd go down)
Windows Vista SP1/AVG 8.5/Malwarebytes' anti-malware/Firefox3.0.2/IE7/office 2007/live messenger 2009

#4 kchikhani

kchikhani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:49 AM

Thanks.

I was thinking about uninstalling, and ended up doing that. I have read online that this is due to a virus which has existed for years on the older versions of norton. I haven't found the name though or the way to remove it.

I am wondering now that I have reinstalled whether the virus is still there or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users