Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms-word Is Infected Badly. Pl. Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nannu

nannu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:39 AM

Hello my office PC is Win 98, P-III. Most of our office works involves working with MS-word and doing miscellaneous secretariat work.

For the last one month, I am facing some very serious troubles working with MS-Word on my computer. As and when I create a MS-word file and save it, one more copy of it gets created automatically in the folder. Like this

Posted Image

As you can see one copy if Dim and another is normal.

Then after creating the file for the first time, whenever I reopen this file inside the MS-word, the file open with some strange illegible characters. Here is a screenshot :

Posted Image

The peculiar thing is that whenever I open the same file through Window Explorer (i.e. by opening the relevant folder and double clicking on the file icon), the file opens normally :

Posted Image

Here is the same file when opens through the explorer

Posted Image

Since my official duties requires working on MS-word throughout the day, the inability to open the files through inside the MS-word itself and every time opening it through explorer is seriously affecting my work.

The another problem is copying this files to another computer. When I copy some of my word files in a floppy and transfer them to another computer, these files automatically get deleted on the new computer. As a result, I am not able to transfer my word files to a new computer which is also a very serious problem.

Kindly help me what should I do ?

Regards

Nannu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nannu

nannu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:52 AM

Hello, I am still waiting for a reply. The problem is seriously affecting my productivity.

Please help if possible.

Thanks

Nannu

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

Are you using a template for all your work?
What version of Word are you using, and what version are you saving the files "as"?

Try an experiment. Set up a special folder and save a dummy Word .doc to it. Then delete the second file (with what appears to be all those formatting entries), and see if the first file opens properly in Word. It looks to me that Word is saving a second file with formatting information.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 nannu

nannu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

Hello John,

I am not using any particular template foe my work. I am just using the default normal template. And I am using the following version of MS Word: MS Word 2000(9.0.3821 SR-1).

As advised by you, I created a dummy file in a new folder and then delete the second file. File I hit the delete button, I got following message :

"The file is a system file. If you remove it, your computer on one of your program may no longer work. Are you to send it to recycle bin".

And even after deleting this second file, I am unable to open the original file in the word itself. The file is opening only through explorer.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

What happens when you save a .doc file as a Word 2000 or '97 file?
Frankly, I am not that knowledgeable about the latest version of Word, so I am only making some educated guesses here.
It might be worth while, if you have not already done so, to delete Office and reinstall it.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users