Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Connecting To A Website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TTC

TTC

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hey all...I've come across an interesting problem recently on both of my computers. (Both computers btw, use seperate cable modems from the same ISP. ). I am no longer able to connect to a website I was able to get to earlier in the day. Both computers have had their cookies and cache cleaned before the problem arose. Here are the details of the problem:

1. Both computers will be stuck inevitably loading the page. The page will be displayed as blank, and it will always be stuck on Transfering data from (one of the servers associated to the site).

2. One uses Firefox version 2.0.0.16. The other uses the latest firefox version 3.0

3. I have tried connecting to the website using the IE on one of the computers, and experienced the same problem.

4. Both computers are utilizing different firewalls. (I tried accessing the site on one with the firewall off, and no effect occured.)

5. Both computers had problems at the SAME TIME with the website.

6. One computer is able to access another part of the site that uses a different server then the rest of the site. I haven't tried it yet with the other computer.

7. Out of all the people I talked to regarding the issue, no one else is having problems accessing the site atm. There is however, one person that told me he had connection problems to it during the day. Another person has informed me that she's had connection problems to it too in the past, when no one else was having any issues. They both use a different ISP than I do, and are in different areas then me.

Can anyone help me with this? I really have no idea what to do...

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TTC

TTC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

Here's an update:

1. After the other computer accessed the site through AOL, it began to work on that IE. It still doesn't work on Firefox on the other computer. The computer I'm currently on only has IE and Firefox, and is still unable to connect to either.

2. One of my friends in a nearby state with a different service provider cleaned out his cache and cookies. He was able to re-access the site using Firefox and Safari. He did not try with IE.

3. In firefox and IE: I can connect to certain parts of the website (If someone links me to an image from it, I will be able to see it; I can also see profiles on the site), as well as one of the games to the site but I can NOT connect to the main forum. The main forum is essentially the rest of the website.

Edited by TTC, 26 August 2008 - 07:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users