Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

`security Warning Blinking Red White X Icon In Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 edtfix

edtfix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

I cant get the rid of the Red Windows Security Alert Icon that has recently apeared in my systems tray after a couple pop-ups. I have downloaded & ran the Malwarebytes program and removed all of the virus's found. They just keep coming backThis has help but I would like to make sure that I am not still infected.
Puts three icons on desktop: Privacy protector, Error CLeaner, Spyware & Malware Protection removal
I Keep getting System alerts, VIRUS ALERT keeps showing by time clock, goes away and comes back
Spyware Alert: Secrutiy warming pop-up: worm.Win32.NetBooster detected, click yes to remove it from your PC immediately
Security risk (0-5): 5
System Alert: System detects virus activities
Please help me with this one.
I have logs ready to post when needed,
Thank You

Edited by edtfix, 25 August 2008 - 07:08 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• Banned
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Run this in safe mode:

http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe

after you run that, let it clean your pc and say Y to fixing the registry, it will be all gone after that.

#3 edtfix

edtfix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the quick response StupidHomer, I'm trying that right now.

edtfix

#4 stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• Banned
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

No problem, I help a lot of people with these issues, probably because i am security paranoid.

#5 edtfix

edtfix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hello again,
Stupidhomer I want to thank you for the assistance, that was the last piece of the puzzle, so far I'm error free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users