Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wonderfulagent

wonderfulagent

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

Well I think I might have clicked a link that gave me a virus but my desktop area is all blue and it says:

' Security warnings'

A fatal error in IE has occured at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM,01. +

* System can not function in normal mode.
Please check your security settings

*Scan your PC with any avaliable antivirus / spyware remover program to fix the problem

Well I have done that and it is still like this... I don't know what to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

A little more information would be helpful.

What anti-virus program are you using? What program is giving you this warning? What is your operating system? Do you use a Firewall? What spyware programs have you tried? If you have scanned, what were the results of those scans? Have you tried scanning in safe mode?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 wonderfulagent

wonderfulagent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:04 PM

I tried: Hjack this, ad-aware, spyware sweeper and i'm not really that smart with computers so i'm not sure what my operating system is and I dont think I use a firewall and I haven't tried scanning in safe mode no.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:15 PM

This is actually in the wrong forum so I would suggest you read How to submit a Hijackthis Log and follow the instructions. One of the volunteers over there can help you. Please only post your log and wait for a reply. If you post twice it will delay things as they look for posts with no replies.

Good luck. (by the way, welcome to BC :thumbsup: )

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users