Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera 8 is out - get it now!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

http://www.opera.com/download/

What are you waiting for for!

Closed a tab by mistake? have no fear! you can use CTRL Z and undo it

Annoying going back and forth pages? hold the right mouse button and press the left button to go back, hold the left mose button and press the right mouse button to go forward.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Seth, 21 April 2005 - 04:08 PM.

Posted Image
We come into this world in birth, and we die and rot into the earth.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:51 PM

I use firefox, but I hear that opera is pretty fast as well, i have never used it, which is faster in your opinion? (AFTER optimizing Firefox with about:config).

#3 Seth

Seth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

Hi Trip :]

I've optimized Firefox and i think its TAD faster, but Opera has nicer features. If it didnt have moving back and forth pages with simple mouse clicks and using undo ctrl z i would use firefox. i just think Opera is nicer and more fun to use.
Posted Image
We come into this world in birth, and we die and rot into the earth.

#4 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

To change the hotkeys for tab swictching you can get SwiftTabs, an extension for firefox, it can be found
Here

You can change it to what ever you want, I have mine set at left arrow for going back a tab, and right arrow key for going foward.
(although i think you meant browser through your history).
You can also undo using ctrl z in firefox with everything, and if you want to undo closeing a tab, you can get that
Here.

As with going back and forth throgh history, the only hotkey that I know of is hitting backspace to go back.

They do have an extenion for mouse gestures, I have never used it, but you can set it so every time you make a movement with your cursor across the screen, It could go back a page. That can be found
Here.

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:35 AM

REVIEW: New Opera Browser Fails at Basics

Apr 21, 9:44 PM (ET)
By ANICK JESDANUN AP

Opera's new Web browser responds to commands you speak into a microphone. It rearranges pages to fit narrower windows. It adds a security bar to help reduce the risk of fraud. All impressive features.

But when it comes to the basics, too many Web sites simply don't work as well with Opera when compared with rival browsers from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) and the Mozilla Foundation.

What a disappointment, as I really like the browser's other improvements.

Read complete review here
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users