Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Home Does Not Finish Loading.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wee

Wee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

System is 2.66 P4, 1 gig memory, 80 gig Sata, and on-board video......The computer is used by my niece to email, limewire and other internet crap.......Prob is that now the system will not finish booting, it posts no probems and to the Windows screen for about 20 seconds and then restarts........over and over........I have checked all the Bios settings and found this after exiting:

SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT ( SPD) device data missing or inconclusive
Properly programmed SPD device data is required for reliable operation.
DDR 333 Mhz Memory assumed at slowest timings

Huh....There are 2 (512) sticks installed. 1 is 3200 and 1 is 2700 ( which should be fine??) I removed 1, then retried and same thing, I removed the other and tried...SOS

Any ideas ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Can you get into Safemode where you can do some troubleshooting?
Other than that try testing the memory with memtest86, preferably 1 at a time
http://www.memtest.org/

Edited by garmanma, 25 August 2008 - 01:40 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Wee

Wee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

I got in with Safe Mode but Reset moments later.......now it won't even finish that without a restart.....so F it.....time for a reinstall....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users