Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Was The First Car Or Truck That You Owned?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Poppy32174

Poppy32174

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

My first car was a 1958 Dodge Royal. It was my Fathers car and it was boss as a horse and we used to say in those days.

It had a push button transmission with 300 HP. I used to take air cleaner off and it would sound mean. Also I would drive in second gear and everybody thought I had a stick shift. lol. Had alot of fun with that car.

Poppy
:thumbsup:
Welcome Home Brothers
Nam vet 6/67 ~ 6/68
D-1/22th 4th Inf. Div.

Posted Image

"No matter how dark it is, you can always see a light"
-Thearitic Logics

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wee

Wee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

1984 Mazda B2000 ( looked like Ford Courier)

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

Aah, memories! My first car was a 'gently used' 1959 Pontiac 'Parisienne' - a dusty pink 'boat' with matching brocade upholstery, 3 ashtrays in front dash, tons of leg room and a lovely big engine. Yup, I could even parallel park it!

Posted Image
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

My first car was a 1993 Buick Skylark, that got totalled in May. I had it for almost a year. It was for the best. It had an engine light on all the time and it wouldn't have passed inspection anyway. Not without a lot more money into repairs.. again. LOL

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

My first vehicle wasn't a car or truck. But it has defined my choices in vehicles. I was the proud owner of a brand new, off the showroom floor, 1971 Yamaha R5 350. Do you have any idea how many burgers I flipped and newspapers I delivered to buy that thing. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

Mine was a White over tan Pontiac Ventura 2dr It looked like the car in the link, but without the mags. Best part was the sound system - the cause of my hearing lose. Every time I go huh?, I blame the car :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

First car was a Ford Orion.

Like this but burgundy.

Not the greatest purchase I've ever made but I was young and it did 129 mph!!!
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#8 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

1996 Dodge Intrepid. My dad gave it to me a week ago when I got my license. I took it to the shop today and it's not looking good :flowers: . To pass NY state inspection in December, they said it will need about $1,500 worth of work. Right now though, they are only fixing the brakes, and fixing a leak that was filling my car with the sweet aroma of gasoline. They told me it wouldn't be worth fixing, but I have faith :thumbsup:.

The guy told me the car is only worth around $300 (I know he was exaggerating though), and its just not worth fixing. My theory is what's the sense of buying another car for 2 or 3 grand because It's going to need work anyway. Also, I know what's wrong with this one, another might have some serious problems.

Edited by Sterling14, 25 August 2008 - 03:29 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

Aah, memories! My first car was a 'gently used' 1959 Pontiac 'Parisienne' - a dusty pink 'boat' with matching brocade upholstery, 3 ashtrays in front dash, tons of leg room and a lovely big engine. Yup, I could even parallel park it!

Exact same thing, only thankfully in white :thumbsup:

I could even parallel park it!

And that was before that new-fangled power steering

I was more of a bike nut also 1967 Puch and my grandma's 1946 Indian. Still got the Indian
Also had a Whizzer motorized bike when I was 13

Edited by garmanma, 25 August 2008 - 03:56 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#10 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

Ooooh! A car topic! Nice!

Since I got my license late in my life, I still have my first car... actually I have 2 first cars lol! But theoretically, my first one was the one I learned driving with. 1993 Pontiac Grand Am SE V6. Great little car, sporty and very nimble. It means business. On one of my first "on the road" drives with it, I burned rubber at a stop light because I hit the accelerator a little too much... surprised the heck out of me. :flowers: :thumbsup:

Then me and my husband bought another car. This one's a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, Supercharged. That thing rocks! I :trumpet: my car!

Posted Image
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 tossy

tossy

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:25 AM

Well, Mercedes Benz C-Class is my first car.... I like it very much

#12 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:58 AM

No wise cracks,you Guys. My first car was 1929 Model A Ford Ute.
I bought it off my Father. I thought I was "King of the Road",in that ute. :thumbsup:
Long time ago.
This is very similar,to the one I had.

Posted Image

#13 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

A 1962 Austin Cambridge!

Top 5 things that never get done:

#14 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:13 AM

Chevy II (Nova) - 1962.

Posted Image

It was a fixer-upper that I never was able to finish fixing up.

The first one I owned and actually drove was a 1963 Chevy Impala.

Posted Image

#15 drex23

drex23

Bleeping Existence

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:17 AM

My first car was a red '89 Chevrolet Beretta GTU. It wasn't the fastest car, but it handled like a dream. It looked something like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users