Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio In Firefox And Ie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spinfinity

spinfinity

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

Both firefox and IE just recently stopped playing audio on videos. The video plays fine but there is no audio. I've done some searching but had no luck - checked the volume icon on the tray, checked the internet options, tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash... no luck.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

Using Device Manager:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307970
Click on all of the +'s and look for yellow exclamation points and tell us what they're by
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 spinfinity

spinfinity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

There are no exclamation points, but there are yellow question marks beside "Other devices" and beside the two things under it, "multimedia audio controller" and "RAID controller."

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

Is your computer set up for RAID? The other would be your sound driver. What is the make and model of your computer and/or sound card?

Edited by garmanma, 26 August 2008 - 11:39 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 spinfinity

spinfinity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:23 PM

The sound card is pretty old - it's a "creative sound blaster live" card. The computer itself is a mishmash. ABIT motherboard, athlon processor. I run windows XP on it.

Audio worked fine until a couple weeks ago, when it suddenly stopped working for firefox and IE. I've had no problems with the audio on any other applications.

#6 spinfinity

spinfinity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

I just realized that i don't have sound in winamp, either -- but I do have sound with VLC media player and with Samsung Media Studio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users