Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video But Sound On Some Online Videos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 qtaqq

qtaqq

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

I have been having a problem viewing videos on some websites, for example videos from wwe.com and nbcolympics. I have sound but no picture, the ads usually play before the video but then when the actual video starts there is still sound but no picture. This only happens on certain sites, I think it has to do with what type of video it is. Sites like youtube work fine.

Before to correct this problem I used to just run Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D and the video viewing would come back. I have tried those again as well as all the other programs I had to run to get rid of a previous virus, but I am still not able to view video on some sites.

Has anyone else had any other problems such as this and found what was causing it or have any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

I believe both of those services use Windows Media. I know the WWE does for sure and I'm in Canada so I can't access NBC. So what version Windows Media Player do you have? The latest is WMP 11.

#3 qtaqq

qtaqq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

I am running version 9.00.00.3349. Does anyone know how and where I might be able to try to get a version of Windows Media Player 10, to try? I downloaded a version from Microsoft's site and oldversion.com. When I go to install it says this version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. On Microsofts website it says WMP 10 is for Windows XP System Requirements. I am running Windows XP Professional 32bit.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

You should probably go straight for WMP11. 10 might not work either because some of these companies are starting to use Silverlight and I don't know if it's compatible with WMP10.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...11/default.aspx

#5 qtaqq

qtaqq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:18 AM

Sorry for the long delay in a response, I've been busy this past week. Okay I upgraded to version 11 of WMP but it is still doing the same things on both sites. Audio but no picture. I'm not really sure what else to try, if anyone has any ideas let me know.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:35 AM

I suggest you post links and I'll take a look at them. This could be related to Silverlight but I don't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users