Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 granny60

granny60

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

I recently updated to sp2. I waited a long time to make sure all the bugs were worked out, everything seems to be working just fine. My question is should I update to IE7 as my windows update suggests? What are the benifits or pitfalls of doing so?Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

I did update to IE7 about a month ago. So far I like it. I also have SP3 and one downfall is you may not be able to revert to IE6 after SP3 is installed.
Not sure if this has anything to do with IE7, but my wife cannot e mail with one of her friends (wife uses JUNO, friend Hot mail)
Thats the only issue, and have no idea who's problem it is (since upgrading to IE7 and SP3) All else works fine.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

Honestly speaking...you need to update to at least SP3.

Updates are labeled "critical" because they relate to system security.

Louis

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

If you like Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7 will add some features (and will change a bit of the stuff). I'd suggest installing it before you upgrade to SP3 and try it out. If you don't like it, then uninstall it and upgrade to SP3. You'll need to have SP3 installed as it's a "critical" update to your system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users