Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generating sums from numbers in other files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thunderhead

Thunderhead

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:50 PM

I know how to "link" one cell to another using Excel. What I am really trying to do is to take approximately 30 forms that identify applicants and create an overall report indicating how many were male, how many were female, how many were clients, etc.

In short, I want to take all of the individual numerical answers on each form and automatically tally them on a master monthly report?

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

You can link one cell in one spreadsheat to another in different spreadsheet; set up a summary spreadsheet, then link the cells from the others to the cells on the summary, and do the mathematical manipulations and/or graphs there.

The formula for summary cell would be =Sum ('spr1'! b3, "spr2"!b3), and so on, where spr1 is the name of a spreadsheet and b3 is the cell in it.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users