Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Know If You Have A Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 i am not known

i am not known

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:18 AM

hi i have recently been wondering about those spyware viruses that are good at hiding them selfs does anyone know good ways to know if you have a virus that trys to hide itself are there any signs? or ways to check?
many people can get infected and not even know if you know any ways to find out if your infected? :thumbsup:

ps some people make virus to seal money or find personal info (creeps but there is some benifet out of it right?) but then there are the people theat make viruses that do nothing but let you know there there why make a virus that doesn't benifit you at all?

Edited by i am not known, 24 August 2008 - 06:18 AM.

I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:26 AM

Most anti-virus and anti-malware applications will find the files even if they hide themselves, so keep your definitions current and scan your hard-drive on a regular basis. Always watch warnings from your firewall.
Also, be sensitive to any change in your computer's performance, and note anything at all unusual; these are indications that you may be infected.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

thanks
I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users