Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Don't Have On The Boot Up Screen Administrator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 futons1

futons1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

Here's the deal, i have a new dell vistro 410 with windows xp2 pro. I didn't set up a password for the system administrator. On Win xp pro I forgot you need to. It does not come up at all on the boot screen. Under user accounts I come up as computer administrator. I found out that's not the same when an uninstall did not totally uninstall and I got a error message that said "you need to go to add and remove and try it again, only a system administrator can do that".When I go into the safe mode the system administrator does come up. Am I screwed as far as changing the boot screen so that the administrator is there instead of going into the safe mode? I've searched I don't see how it can be changed. :inlove: On my last computer I never had it at all and I could do anything. Maybe that's why i forgot, I saw it and didn't think, Real smart. :cool: I've had the computer five days. :flowers: :trumpet: :thumbsup: My fans they love me, yea right.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

Hello futons1,

If you really do want the "Administrator" account to be displayed on the Welcome screen, probably the simplest and safest way is to download the free "Tweak UI" utility from Microsoft and then check the "Administrator" account in the Logon display there:

"Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP":

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

If you don't want the "Administrator" account to appear on the Welcome screen, but still want to logon to the "Administrator" account, just press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice in succession at the Welcome screen. You will then see the classic-stlye logon, where you can manually enter the account name "Administrator" and its password.

Also, see the following for further details:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

#3 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

YO Mr M thankyou, I used to use tweak all the time and I got away from it. I was going to download it on my older computer then i said why? :trumpet: I thought it was like going into the registry. By the way :thumbsup: would you guys please let me finish, I mess up and they go crazy. Anyway I can log in as a administrator because I have xp pro and not home, but I bookmarked the microsoft site any way. Thanks again. :flowers: :inlove: :cool: past your bed times. night night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users