Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Autoplay

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Hopeful

Hopeful

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 30 July 2004 - 11:34 PM

Gentlemen, I have a Dell P4 with Windows XP Home, SP-1, NAV antivirus. I use Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and fully updated according to MS.

My problem is with the MS Works Suite 2002 that came with the computer from Dell. When I load the Streets and Trips CD, it will not autoplay as it used to. When I click on My Computer and open the disk, a message pops up stating that the "Installation of this application has become corrupted. Run Setup again for this application from the location you originally installed it." OK

After running the setup and removing the CD and loading again, a repeat perfomance happens with the same results.

My Encarta CD loads OK. All my other application CDs load up OK too.

I don't know if this is the right Forum to post this so I gambled. I tried the Dell Support Icon but they shifted me over to MS who say that it's the OEM problem since they loaded up the program before shipment.

If anyone here can suggest something for me to try, I would appreciate your help.
It's not a serious problem but I just like to use the disc for directions once a year or so.

Hopeful

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

Have you tried reinstalling it from your computer and reinstalling it? Try right clicking on your CD drive with the street and tips CD in it and click explore and find the install app or the .exe file and double click on that and see if anything happens! If you did uninstall it I am thinking there are some corrupt registry files! But if you have not try doing that first then post back! One last thing is the disc scratched bad? Another thing you can do is right click your CD drive with street's and tips in it..click explore hover your mouse over on a file and press control and A at the same time then make a folder on your desktop name it street and tips and right click in-the folder and click paste. the disc might have a bad sector on it. You can check this by going into your event viewer,, by right clicking my computer....left click manage...and you will see event viewer in the top...left click on the little + sign and left click applications, this will tell you if the disc is bad or not! Hope some of this helps. If not please post back!

#3 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:08 PM

Brunt, Thanks for the quick reply. I put the S & T disc in the "E" drive and after a second of two a message popped up saying the registry was corrupt and could not load this file.

I opened My Computer and used Explore. There are five items showing in the right pane as follows:
Two folders - One marked MSMap & the other PStreets
One item marked - AUTORUN Setup Information 1KB
One item with four small icons & marked cd2run/autrun/Microsoft
One item with four small icons & marked st/16 x 16/Icon

I double clicked the Autorun item and got the same results. Cannot load.

I tried installing the S & T program but it would not load and now I have two setup files along with a programs folder and an S & T shortcut when I do a search for S & T.

I haven't tried uninstalling the program yet. Is this done in the add/remove section?

I've lost contact with your reply to my post so I will post this reply and check later.

Thanks

Hopeful

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

Yes it is done through add/remove programs. After you remove it reboot. and use this program and copy and paste the files back here

http://www.fixregistry.com/regheal/index.htm.

That way I can tell you what ones to delete. The registry is tricky .

#5 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:03 PM

Hi brunt,

Yesterday I posted with a long list of "picked files" that reghealer program had accumulated. There were probably 300 or so that were picked but only 19 of each allowed for correction because of the unregistered program.

I pasted them into this post as you asked me to but I don't see them today. Were they supposed to be posted as an attachment instead? I don't know if they ever finished posting because the progress bar at the bottom of the post never filled up before the screen went blank. I assumed that it had finished.

If you think this is worth trying again with another registry search, let me know.

Thanks,

Hopeful

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:07 PM

yes go ahead and pate them I dont see it as well! I can tell you which ones to fix whithout the program fixing them its just that one is easy to read! Did you try reinstalling it after uninstalling it?

#7 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

Hi brunt,

If you mean did I try to install S & T after uninstall. Yes I tried but a message said
"MapPoint is not installed on your computer. The run CD is used only to run this application once it has been installed.To install MapPoint 2002, insert the Setup CD". I did so and got "Installation Failed". I explored the CD and found MapPoint 2002 on the disc, tried to run it but "Installation failed".

BTW, I agree with your closing remark about Mr. Bush!

Here goes with the Picked Items from the reghealer program as requested.

Registry Healer 4.2.0 build 212 *** www.fixregistry.com/regheal/ ***
List of invalid entries. Saved: 8/2/2004 8:52:09 PM

===============================================
*** Invalid Paths *** Total invalid entries: 142

0 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Identities\{B81840D4-1844-4D89-A307-5402BFC1B327}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0"
Invalid file reference: Save Attachment Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Document"
Correction: "Delete the entry (no found corrections)"
Correction: [0] "Leave the entry without changes"
Correction: [1] "Delete the entry (no found corrections)"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Document""

1 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\3BSoftware\FreeMem Standard\4.3"
Invalid file reference: SourcePath = "C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\WZS655.tmp\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\WZS655.tmp""

2 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Jasc\Dell Image Expert\Catalog"
Invalid file reference: IgnoreDirs = "Recycled;Recycler;Temporary Internet Files;C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\;C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\thmnails;C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\webtmp;C:\i386"
Correction: "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\webtmp;""
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\webtmp;""

3 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Jasc\Dell Image Expert\Launch"
Invalid file reference: List = "rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1|rundll32|519|"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Picture It! 2002\Pip.exe" "%1"|Pip|233|"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /Open "%L"|wmplayer|69632|"C:\Program Files\Microso
Correction: "Leave the entry without changes"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyimprt.exe""

4 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\MGI\PhotoSuite\8.05\CurrentConfig"
Invalid file reference: Workspace File #1 = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP""

5 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\6C6919F04B85B5445BE61B02F0CE1C15\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "n;1;C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4D6J8L23\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4D6J8L23""

6 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\7F0D51EAE2C89144794B99E51DF6BBE4\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\GCF\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\GCF""

7 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\F4CAFE672171F1042BEA95B071C0B9EC\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "n;4;C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for StartupMonitor.zip\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for StartupMonitor.zip""

8 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList"
Invalid file reference: File0 = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X4SZP9K5\smartdog.wmv"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X4SZP9K5\smartdog.wmv""

9 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: a = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Home Inventrory"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Home Inventrory""

10 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: b = "C:\A SUMMER PLACE"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\A SUMMER PLACE""

11 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: c = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Ghost Image Backup"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Ghost Image Backup""

12 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: d = "C:\Ghost Disk Label"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Ghost Disk Label""

13 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: e = "C:\Ghost Backup"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Ghost Backup""

14 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: f = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Order Form"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Order Form""

15 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: g = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Salt Brine Roast Turkey"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Salt Brine Roast Turkey""

16 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\*"
Invalid file reference: e = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday.BMP"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday.BMP""

17 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\*"
Invalid file reference: g = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP""

18 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\BMP"
Invalid file reference: a = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday.BMP"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday.BMP""

19 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\BMP"
Invalid file reference: e = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP"

20 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
Invalid file reference: Microsoft Works Update Detection = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe""

21 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\HDD Health\HDDHealth.exe = "HDDHealth"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\HDD Health\HDDHealth.exe""

22 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\_iu14D2N.tmp = "Inno Setup Uninstaller"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\_iu14D2N.tmp""

23 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe = "Microsoft Streets & Trips Executable"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe""

24 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe = "Microsoft Streets & Trips Executable"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe""

25 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: E:\cd2run.exe = "autorun"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\cd2run.exe""
Correction: [3] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Streets & Trips\cd2run.exe"

26 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Works Suite"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\MSMONEY.EXE = "2002"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\MSMONEY.EXE""

27 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Works Suite"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe = "2002"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe""

28 Key: "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER] \Software\Microsoft\Works Suite"
Invalid value name: C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe = "2002"

29 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Automap\9.0\USA"
Invalid file reference: DataPath = "D:\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data"
Correction: "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Streets & Trips\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "D:\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data""
Correction: [3] "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data"
Correction: [4] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer\skins\data"
Correction: [5] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data"
Correction: [6] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Streets & Trips\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data"
Correction: [7] "c:\Program Files\Art Explosion\Greeting Card Factory\Data"
Correction: [8] "c:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\DataCache\Login\data"
Correction: [9] "c:\WINDOWS\JAVA\Packages\Data"

30 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\CreatedLinks"
Invalid file reference: Shortcut0 = "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk""
Correction: [3] "c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [4] "c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [5] "c:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [6] "c:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [7] "c:\Documents and Settings\GLORIA DOBSON\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [8] "c:\Documents and Settings\GLORIA DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [9] "c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [10] "c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [11] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [12] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [13] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [14] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [15] "c:\I386\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [16] "c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [17] "c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"

31 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\CreatedLinks"
Invalid file reference: Shortcut0 = "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk""
Correction: [3] "c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [4] "c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [5] "c:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [6] "c:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [7] "c:\Documents and Settings\GLORIA DOBSON\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [8] "c:\Documents and Settings\GLORIA DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [9] "c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [10] "c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [11] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [12] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [13] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [14] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Entertainment\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [16] "c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"
Correction: [17] "c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"

32 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\CreatedLinks"

33 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Identities\{B81840D4-1844-4D89-A307-5402BFC1B327}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0"
Invalid file reference: Save Attachment Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Document"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Document""

34 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\3BSoftware\FreeMem Standard\4.3"
Invalid file reference: SourcePath = "C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\WZS655.tmp\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\WZS655.tmp""

35 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Jasc\Dell Image Expert\Catalog"
Invalid file reference: IgnoreDirs = "Recycled;Recycler;Temporary Internet Files;C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\;C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\thmnails;C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\webtmp;C:\i386"
Correction: "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\webtmp;""
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Dell Computer\Dell Image Expert\webtmp;""

36 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Jasc\Dell Image Expert\Launch"
Invalid file reference: List = "rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1|rundll32|519|"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Picture It! 2002\Pip.exe" "%1"|Pip|233|"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /Open "%L"|wmplayer|69632|"C:\Program Files\Microso
Correction: "Leave the entry without changes"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyimprt.exe""

37 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\MGI\PhotoSuite\8.05\CurrentConfig"
Invalid file reference: Workspace File #1 = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP"

38 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\6C6919F04B85B5445BE61B02F0CE1C15\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "n;1;C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4D6J8L23\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4D6J8L23""

39 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\7F0D51EAE2C89144794B99E51DF6BBE4\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\GCF\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\GCF""

40 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\F4CAFE672171F1042BEA95B071C0B9EC\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "n;4;C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for StartupMonitor.zip\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for StartupMonitor.zip""

41 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList"
Invalid file reference: File0 = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X4SZP9K5\smartdog.wmv"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\X4SZP9K5\smartdog.wmv""

42 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: a = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Home Inventrory"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Home Inventrory""

43 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: b = "C:\A SUMMER PLACE"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\A SUMMER PLACE""

44 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: c = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Ghost Image Backup"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Ghost Image Backup""

45 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: d = "C:\Ghost Disk Label"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Ghost Disk Label""

46 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: e = "C:\Ghost Backup"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Ghost Backup""

47 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: f = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Order Form"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Order Form""

48 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU"
Invalid file reference: g = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Salt Brine Roast Turkey"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Salt Brine Roast Turkey""

49 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\*"
Invalid file reference: e = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday.BMP"

50 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\*"
Invalid file reference: g = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP"

51 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\BMP"
Invalid file reference: a = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday.BMP"

52 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\BMP"
Invalid file reference: e = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Bob's Birthday 2.BMP"

53 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
Invalid file reference: Microsoft Works Update Detection = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe""

54 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\HDD Health\HDDHealth.exe = "HDDHealth"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\HDD Health\HDDHealth.exe""

55 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\_iu14D2N.tmp = "Inno Setup Uninstaller"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\_iu14D2N.tmp""

56 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe = "Microsoft Streets & Trips Executable"

57 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe = "Microsoft Streets & Trips Executable"

58 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache"
Invalid value name: E:\cd2run.exe = "autorun"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\cd2run.exe""
Correction: [3] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Streets & Trips\cd2run.exe"

59 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Works Suite"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\MSMONEY.EXE = "2002"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\MSMONEY.EXE""

60 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Works Suite"
Invalid value name: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\streets.exe = "2002"

61 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-21-56604596-3322274812-248915221-1006\Software\Microsoft\Works Suite"
Invalid value name: C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe = "2002"

62 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Automap\9.0\USA"
Invalid file reference: DataPath = "D:\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data"
Correction: "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Streets & Trips\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "D:\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data""
Correction: [3] "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data"
Correction: [4] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer\skins\data"
Correction: [5] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data"
Correction: [6] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\Streets & Trips\MSMap\PFiles\MSMap\Data"
Correction: [7] "c:\Program Files\Art Explosion\Greeting Card Factory\Data"
Correction: [8] "c:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\DataCache\Login\data"
Correction: [9] "c:\WINDOWS\JAVA\Packages\Data"

63 Key: "[HKEY_USERS] \S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\CreatedLinks"

64 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\streets.exe\shell\open\command"
Invalid file reference: (Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe "%1""

65 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Automap.Template.NA.9\DefaultIcon"
Invalid file reference: (Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe,3"

66 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Automap.Template.NA.9\shell\open\command"
Invalid file reference: (Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MIFAE3~1\streets.exe "%1""

67 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\018E5796F29C0F54B0DF81B713F2018E\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\Install\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\Install""
Correction: [3] "m;1;c:\Program Files\Classic PhoneTools\Install\"
Correction: [4] "m;1;c:\Program Files\Connection Wizard\install\"
Correction: [5] "m;1;c:\Program Files\FaxTools\Install\"

68 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\057E91CDB88950043A5558FE6650E5EF\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\ospack\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\ospack""

69 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\172A967CC1E79F843B13746400DDC460\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\pip\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\pip""

70 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\214DC8154986BDC49B961E59B67CB2BE\SourceList"

71 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\8EE3977C666FB6E489726764689784E0\SourceList\Net"
Invalid file reference: 3 = "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\New Folder\"
Correction: "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Favorites\New Folder\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\My Documents\New Folder""
Correction: [3] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\New Folder\"
Correction: [4] "c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Favorites\New Folder\"

72 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\9040B11900063D11C8EF00054038389C\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\MSWord\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\MSWord""

73 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\9040FA0900063D11C8EF10054038389C\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "n;1;C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1.DOB\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP""

74 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\968D5D7475EFF2F43A8538FCAAB79486\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\NAV\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\NAV""
Correction: [3] "m;1;c:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\2.0\Shared_Assets\locales\en_us\getting_started\quick_guide\nav\"

75 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\C7CFFE676A71D974E974E856C86159EA\SourceList"
Invalid file reference: LastUsedSource = "m;1;E:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP\"
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "E:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP""
Correction: [3] "m;1;c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\"
Correction: [4] "m;1;c:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\"

76 Key: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] \SOFTWARE\Classes\Software\RealNetworks\Update\6.0\Preferences\Components\pdburnplugin:1.0\DelOnUninst2"
Invalid file reference: (Default) = ""C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer\CDBurning" "
Correction: ""c:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\CDBurning" "
Correction: [2] "Cut invalid substring "C:\Documents and Settings\ROBERT R. DOBSON\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer\CDBurning""
Correction: [3] ""c:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\CDBurning" "
Correction: [4] ""c:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\DataCache\CDBurning" "
Correction: [5] ""c:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\DataCache\GetMedia

#8 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:40 PM

ok this will take me awhile:) but I know your going to have to delete all these in here. I will try and find a free reg cleaner that way you dont have to do it all by yourself cause it will take forever. BRB I will go throught the list and tell you what not to delete!

#9 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:48 PM

Here is a good one I forgot about! Let it scan "deep" and click file select all then fix all, it will auto ack up for you! Post back after you are done! The we will see if we can get S@t going again

http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/

#10 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:08 PM

Hi Brunt,

Back again with the results from the jv16 link you gave me. There are 330 items on there with a green status. Some are invalid but not many. I clicked on fix but didn't see any difference in the number of items.

Here goes again.

#11 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:16 PM

Hi brunt,

I don't know if I mentioned this in the beginning of these posts, but I have Registry Mechanic program which I used a few times before finding my S & T CD wouldn't autoplay. I accepted the results of their scans and allowed it to fix the scans. Maybe that's where the problem started because I don't use the program all that much and didn't notice any other CD autoplay of other discs.

Just a thought to add to the pile of info. already on this post. Post back with your thoughts.

Thanks

Hopeful

#12 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:50 PM

Hi brunt,

I notice now that three of the five Works Suite discs will not load up. I uninstalled the MS Money program over a year ago because I never used it and it was taking up space. I just tried MS Picture It Photo 2000 and it could not be loaded because it must be loaded to a hard drive first. Removing Money may have been the start of all this. Do you think so?

Do I owe you any more information on my registry problem. I know it must take time to review all that you requested so far. Can I expect to see a post from you soon or should I be doing some further checking? Hate to be a pest, but I'm looking forward to a solution.

Thanks again,

Hopeful

#13 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

ok lets try this! Doesnt seem to be much of registry errors. Put in your cd's and right click and hit explore once it shows you the contents of the cd hover over one of the icons and press control and the a button at the same time! Next make a folder somewhere you want and open the folder and right click inside that folder and press paste! All the contetnst of your cd will now be on your hd! Try installing that way! Sorry for the long gap for the reply didnt realize anyone posted!

#14 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:27 PM

Hi brunt,

I copied & pasted the S & T to a new folder on my hard drive and tried to open it from there but a window came up again stating "MapPoint 2002 is not installed on your computer. The Run CD is used only to run this application once it has been installed. To install MapPoint 2002, insert the Setup CD."

I have five MS Works Suite 2002 CD's and tried loading each. The first is the setup disc for Word, Works 6.0, and Clipart. This is already loaded on the PC and I'm using Word every day so it must be OK.

The second disc is MS Money 2002 std. which I uninstalled over a year ago. Never used it.

The third disc is MS Picture It, Photo 2002, and it works after I start the program from the PC and then load the disc and Clip Art is available from there.

The fourth disc is MS Encarta and it plays OK from the disc.

The fifth is the S & T disc. Is this the disc for setting up the program? When I explore this disc, I find two folders and three separate groups of icons. One folder says it contains MSMap. The other says PStreets. One icon says AUTORUN Setup Information, 1 KB. I tried to OPEN this one and a window opened saying "Installation failed."

The second goup of icons say cd2run, autorun, Microsoft. I tried to OPEN this one and a window opened saying "MapPoint 2002, etc., etc. Insert the Setup CD. Which disc is the setup CD? The program is not listed in my All Programs list because I uninstalled the program last week using Add/Remove.

The third group of icons says, st, 16 x 16, Icon. I did not try to open this one.

I really appreciate your efforts in helping me to troubleshoot my PC. I've learned a lot just using copy and paste along with the explore window.

Thanks,

Hopeful

#15 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:41 PM

Hi brunt,

I was reading over your first post again and went to event viewer to see what was there and sure enough there were three warnings in the applications window for 8/6/04. The source info. says MsiIstaller for each of them.

BTW, will we be using those two registry cleaners again? They're sitting on my desktop but are only good for 30 days. If we're finished with them I'll uninstall them unless they just die in the meantime. I already purchased Registry Mechanic.

Give me a post when you get a chance.

Thanks again,

Hopeful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users