Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Ms Vista Ad With Seinfeld

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:52 AM

Reading this, and considering that Web 3.0 is a big topic (think this as an example thread for MS), its sad to see that MS just cant get their "act" together.

Its a known fact that you are allowed to downgrade to XP under certain conditions and that MS then count your XP version as a Vista one in their statistics, to "falsify" their records and have Vista given a better face. I guess its no help that their promo prior to the Seinfeld one - "mojave" seemingly backfired as well.

May be, they should just lower their heads, have XP extended and supplied with updates for a while to keep customers happy and start from scratch for their Windows 7 project. After all, they can only do a better job...

*sigh* - I guess their only plus until Web 3.0 is, that most people rely on Windows in one way or another. Otherwise we would probably see far more Mac and Linux users, and less work for us guys from the HJT Team :thumbsup: .

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

One would think that it would make more sense to spend the advertising budget on developing a dramatically new and useful operating system that would "sell itself."

Edited by jgweed, 24 August 2008 - 10:59 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

Let me understand all of this -

Microsoft must run it's ads with no deception, no slight miss-representation of facts, and completely without fault.

Just like Apple's Mac ads, right?

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:36 AM

seinfeld got - "fired" - lol

Edited by Yourhighness, 19 September 2008 - 01:36 AM.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:46 AM

The difference between the Mac and Windows ads were the Mac ads made you want to see if the next one would be more funny. Windows, you were just wondering if the next one was going to make any sense

Edited by garmanma, 19 September 2008 - 07:46 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:00 AM

One would think that it would make more sense to spend the advertising budget on developing a dramatically new and useful operating system that would "sell itself."

John are you implying that they mispent a few $$ at M$FT ?? Ya think!!
Seinfeld will reportedly take home $10 million for his part of the $300 million "Windows Not Walls" ad campaign.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users