Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Xp Sp3 Victim Of Fraud :(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:26 PM

My xp version is fraudulent or something I bought pc from cash converters. it was fine besides some errors, had them fixed (thanx to this site), and well, it was sp2, but was able to update to sp3. since then, I can't auto update cos i get told I don't have a geniune copy of something. I dunno. and I don't have a copy of windows xp so am a bit stuck :thumbsup:

Reason why I posted here is because of...

Sorry wolfm4n cant help you with that problem. If you dont have genuine copy of windows then you wont be able to auto update from windows update. You can manually update from the microsoft website. I'm not able to help you with that. You can post in this forum: WINDOWS XP HOME AND PROFESSIONAL HELP (rreply by fireman4it)

thank you in advace for any solution

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

Download SIW and open it, under Software at the top left go down to Licenses and click on it. If your copy of the OS is legal the Windows key will be shown there.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

Well, it has a key that does show up there.... but when I try to autoupdate and says, it says I have to verify my authentic windows.... and then it tells me that I am a victim of fraud or something. The key I have, is fraudulent or something?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:05 AM

I would call Microsoft and see if they can sort this out, the will be able to tell you quickly enough if it is a valid copy.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

Kays. cheers will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users