Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minesweeper

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 i am not known

i am not known

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

:thumbsup: hi i am amazed my little sister has bet bigginer for minsweeper in 7 secs (no joke) she was so lucky it wasn't funny whats your best time?

Mod edit:Corrected title~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 29 August 2008 - 08:32 PM.

I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

My best on the beginner level 1s 12 seconds. Can's remember my best on the intermediate of the expert level. I have only ever completed the expert level twice.

Harry Potter writer J.K. Rowling has completed the expert level in 99 seconds.

J.K. Rowling - Minesweeper

Edited by KingOfIdiocy, 22 August 2008 - 11:41 PM.

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:17 AM

My fastest time at beginner was 9 seconds, I was just clicking randomly. I'm not sure if this counts, but I found out how to stop the clock and as a result my fastest time for expert was 2 seconds. :thumbsup:
Regards,

Alan.

#4 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

how do u stop the clock? :thumbsup:
I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

From what I can remember you start the game by clicking on any square then click and hold the left mouse button on any square (don't let go) then press the ESC key. Thats what I did. I haven't played it in years though.
Regards,

Alan.

#6 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

thanks

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

No problem, glad to help.
Regards,

Alan.

#8 bily

bily

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:02 AM

Thanks

#9 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:30 AM

9 seconds for beginner - more than 10 years ago :thumbsup:

#10 riz_cola

riz_cola

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

Gah I hate this game I always click on the mines. I don't think I even finished this game once. Its like a rubiks cube in a computer.
It takes more muscle to frown than it is to smile...

So smile foo!

#11 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

From what I can remember there is also a way to find the safe squares. I'll do some digging if your interested.
Regards,

Alan.

#12 riz_cola

riz_cola

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Sure I could use some tips I'd like to beat it once.
It takes more muscle to frown than it is to smile...

So smile foo!

#13 i am not known

i am not known
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

just pay close attention to the numbers they tell you how many mines are around them

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Strategies and tips

If you are uncertain about a square, right-click it twice to mark it with a question mark (?). Later, you can either mark the square as a mine or remove the markings by right-clicking the square again once or twice.

If you have marked all the mines around a numbered square, you can uncover the remaining squares around it by clicking the numbered square with the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously. If not all mines surrounding the numbered square have been marked, the remaining covered or unmarked squares will appear to be depressed (or flash) when the numbered square is clicked with both buttons simultaneously.

Look for common patterns in numbers, which often indicate a corresponding pattern of mines. For example, the pattern 2-3-2 at the edge of a group of uncovered squares indicates a row of three mines next to the three numbers.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#15 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

There's another easter egg you can use to help you beat a game.
Open Minesweeper, put your mouse inside the minesweeper window. Type XYZZY, hit Shift+Enter, than Enter again. There's now a dot in the top left corner of the screen (a pixel big, I think) To use this to your advantage, put your mouse over a square. If that dot is white, then the square is safe. If it's black, then the square is a mine.
Use this with freeze timer to get really good scores on any difficulty!

I think there's also a way to actually edit your scores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users