Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Problems With Usb Port

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EriksMuse

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

Hi, everyone.

If this has already been done, I apologize.

Anyway...I have a small travel mouse that I use with my HP laptop. It's a Pavillion ze2000, runs on XP. It has two USB ports, one by the CD ROM and the other on the other side.

Just tonight, I attempted to plug in the travel mouse to the USB port beside the CD ROM...and for some reason it is no longer functioning. I have never had this problem with this particular mouse and this particular USB port before.

If there's anyone who could help, I'd appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,158 posts
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

Try going into the Device Manager, and with the mouse installed, right click on the monitor icon at the top of the device list and click on Scan for Hardware Changes.

Also go down to the Universal Serial Port and see if there are any errors or warnings.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 EriksMuse

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:03 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users