Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Allok Video Converter?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ghead

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

I tried the free download of this program called Allok Video which allows you to convert any quicktime, wmv, mpeg, etc... file to a format that allows you to burn them onto a dvd so you can play them on your home dvd player or pretty much any dvd player for that matter.

The program doesn't get much more simple then, select file, convert, burn, and your done.
So I tried to burn a quicktime file to a dvd -R (which is a media that works with Allok) and everything seemed to burn fine, but when i put it into my tv's dvd player it can't play it.
Can a normal tv dvd player not play dvd -R?
all the settings were correct too, for it to burn and make it ntsc and everything else so I don't get why it won't work.

Thanks in advance ;-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,161 posts
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:00 AM

I'm not familiar with that program, so I can't help you out there. But, DVD -R was the first type of media to come out, so it should work in you DVD player.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users