Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Settings Preventing Me From Being Automatically Redirected To A New Url

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hey guys,
Been having a few probs with this pc. XP sp3, 3 gig p4 cpu, 2.5gig ram, ie7 browser. Anyways, everything was fine when I went to work, I came back home to play some yahoo pool and signin. As soon as I sign in, I see "if you are seeing this page, your browser settings are preventing you from being automatically directed to a new url. please click here." I don't get a chance to click here, cos the page automatically goes to the room selection, but Iclick on a room, and nothing happens. I looked on google and anywhere else, but nothing helped at all, so I did a browser reset. Well, now I open browdser and get hit with the runonce etc, thats kewl, but it doesn't open, I get a blank page with "error on page" in the status bar. Not sure if this bit belongs here, but it happened at the same time as far as I can tell as my browser playing up. I sign into yahoo msger, and well, I can see what I type into someone, as I am typing... BUT, when I hit enter, all I see is a blank screen. What they reply back with, is a blank screen. I have uninstalled yahoo and reinstalled it, but same problem :thumbsup: Im in dire straits here :flowers: Thanx for any help in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Empty all of your cookies, history, and temp files. What firewall are you using and what is the security level set at?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:25 AM

Okies. Quick run down,
My firewall was zone alarm, and AV was avast. I then installed threatfire 3.5. As it is meant to enhance your AV as it identifies as stuff happen, not after the fact. I was then put onto system mechanic 6 (off a bought cd) as it had firewall and AV as well as all other nifty tune up things. Well, when it was installing the AV (kaspersky), threatfire reacted and said something malicious was active. So I uninstalled it again. Then read about threatfire and told it was full of false positives etc. So I reinstalled system mechanics. Anyways, after a bit, I tried to uninstall kaspersky cos I didn't like it, and as I was uninstalling it, threatfire went off again. A~NSIS.exe (I also had b~nsis.exe in my temps) well, I ended up getting rid of it and such, and all scans and a hjt came up clean. At the moment, I have avast as AV (did a scan, and it couldn't scan some cos the files were corrupted) and everything else was clean. I haven't installed another firewall yet. Am in the process of doing so now

#4 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

UPDATE:
I uninstalled avast as zone alarm has one (for time being i think) so zone alarm is no my firewall and AV
Thanx for your help and here is hoping problem can be fixed quick as :thumbsup:

#5 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:04 AM

I don't know if this means anything or not, but :KAVCHS is coming up when scanning with the zone alarm AV... it also came up with KAVCHS when scanning with with the Avast AV. <p>
*tries to think of the words* When I installed avast and it did the initial scan after boot up, as it was scanning, it kept flashing like over the top, something I couldn't make out, BUT I kept seeing :KAVCHS. And yeah, its doing the same thing with the zone alarm AV. For eg, C:\WINDOWS\FILENAME\BLAH...........:KAVCHS. Comes up with 80% of what I have seen....

Make that :KAVICHS

#6 w0lfm4n

w0lfm4n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:26 AM

Okay. Just finished the zone alarm virus and spyware scan. Some interesting things have been quarantined.
In the viruses, the three they found were not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Shopper.r (all named the same) I can't see the full file location, but I CAN see C:\Documents and Settings\oneness\.housecall6........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users