Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counter strike

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 antazn99

antazn99

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:53 PM

i just have a quick question, i want to play CS, my friend got me hooked on it, i tried to install his version of half-life 2 but i guess my computer specks coudnt take it, so im just wondering if i could download the CS source and just play CS or is there something i need in order to play CS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:13 AM

Dear Ant,

Valve requires a steam account for Half-Life, Counter Strikes and such. To get an account...legally.. you have to have a new copy of the game.

Before I bought Half-Life II, I bought my vid card which came with CS Condition Zero. Just to get a code key to play I had to ask for permission, meaning connecting to a site. After that they sent my a key to play the game.

As soon as I loaded Half-LifeII with CS Source, my CS Con Zero merged with the Valve Steam account.

All of my games are legal and I have no problems.

Hope that helps.

Junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 antazn99

antazn99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:50 AM

so i need to get halflife in order to play CS, hmm, thanks man

#4 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:05 AM

Dear Ant,

Not really. You just need to be able to create an account with Valve. If you buy CS off the shelf, you will be able to create an account. If you get it from a friend who has created an account with that copy...your sucking.

Junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#5 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

Just a thought but wasn't CS Source released with HL2 because it was an updated Engine? meaning your computer specs still might not be able to handle it.

Also when you say "Download" you mean from Valve? Right? :thumbsup:

#6 antazn99

antazn99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

i was looking tp get into an internet game but if my cokputre could not handle halflife 2 then it cant handle counter strike, oh well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users