Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choppy/distorted Sound When Online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JungleMan007

JungleMan007

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

Ok....So I am running Windows Vista 64-Bit system...Nvida GeForce 8800 GT...6 GB of Memory....Intel Core 2 Quad 9300 processor....Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard....if you need anything else ask....

So heres the problem....When sound is playing....through any program....if I am browsing around online the sound can become choppy. It happens when a page is loading...the more there is to load the longer it becomes choppy. Also, sometimes the computer becomes sluggish also...the mouse pointer skips across the screen when I try to move it making it hard to do anything. BTW, this happens with either browser I use...Explorer or FireFox...I use fox for the most part. The sound also works fine if I am say...playing Fear Combat online and playing Winamp in the background.

I've tried reinstalling drivers and the computer seems fine otherwise. I saw something that someone had sound problems similar to me and they were told to try defragging and to go to PCPitStop and see what it says...Well, I already use that site and I'm fine. I keep my drives defragged. I don't use Vista's defragger because it makes me want to hit things...so I use AusLogics Disk Defrag.

If anyone can help that'd be great. It really starts to get annoying having sound the sound like that. :thumbsup:

If you need more from me...just ask! Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JungleMan007

JungleMan007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

Since nobody seems to know what my problem may be....does anyone have any other suggestions where to look for this issue? I've tried some other forums. Creatives website is no help at all and neither is the support team. Thanks for any info you can provide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users