Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Av

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 qataxman

qataxman

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

After every scan, Norton pops up with this:

Error: Norton Antivirus has encountered an internal program error. "(3038,107) while running virus scan with Norton 2008

What is this? What have I done? Can someone please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

After every scan, Norton pops up with this:

Error: Norton Antivirus has encountered an internal program error. "(3038,107) while running virus scan with Norton 2008

What is this? What have I done? Can someone please help me?

Hi qataxman,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting about Norton AntiVirus.

This particular error code points to a possible infection or program error. To resolve this error carefully follow the steps in the following document to run LiveUpdate and check for possible infections.

Resolve Norton error (3038, 107)

If the initial steps in this document do not resolve the issue, be sure to click on "What if this didn't work" for further instructions.

Thank you,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

#3 qataxman

qataxman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

Thanks Mike,

But I got the same message again this morning. I was online with Norton and we still have no idea as to whether or not is resolved. We are running a full scan again this morning, but still nothing. There has got to be something else going on. I posted the log file from HJT last night and haven't heard anything yet.

#4 CKBrown1000

CKBrown1000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

I know this doesn't solve you praticular problem, but have you ever considered ditching Norton and getting something like AVG. There is even a free version of it that (in my experiance) is several times more effective at removing malware than Norton. I use a combination of AVG Free and Ad-Aware Free. Free and effective.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

gataxman,

Now that you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users