Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lite-on Dvdrw Lh-18a1h Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nismo44

Nismo44

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

Hi.
I'm not sure that this is the right place for this, but as i don't know, what the problem is, i hope it's okay that i post it here.

Well, my friend borrowed me his pc and it has Lite-on DVDRW LH-18A1H dvd burner. But when i inserted my empty DVD (OMEGA DVD +R 4.7gb 8x) in my computer it showed that there is an empty cd in the drive and empty space was 0 bytes and used space was also 0 bytes. And i even tryed to burn some with nero 7. all of them failed. Oh and i have some self generated dvd player/burner from some DVDplayer in my own pc and it's the same.. 0 bytes..
so today i bought another tower with 10 empty dvd-s.. TDK DVD -R 4.7gb 1-16x but still the same:/

and i'm still not sure, what the problem is. is it the empty DVDs or the DVD burners, i don't know..
oh and with both DVD burners i can burn CD-s.. and read already burnt dvd-s.

but i desperately need to burn dvd-s..
i would appreciate any kind of help:)

Edited by Nismo44, 22 August 2008 - 09:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/problems-medi...-drives-226297/

Maybe it's your media...

Louis

#3 Nismo44

Nismo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

yea but it's not use, as i have single layer dvd-s.
just when i insert them, the empty DVD-RW DRIVE (D:) changes to CD DRIVE (D:) just like usual compact discs..
the only difference is that it shows that there are 702mb free on a CD, but 0 bytes free on a DVD.. i don't know what's wrong.. :/

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:48 PM

What software are you using to burn? Does Nero 7 recognize your burner properly?

Does it give you DVD/CD burn option? Does it see the blank disk properly...before burning?

Louis

#5 Nismo44

Nismo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:08 AM

i suppose it does recognize, as it has no problem burning cd-s..

nero always gives that option.. because you can add everything before you insert the cd/dvd..
and when i try to burn dvd, it doesn't say that the disc is full or sth.. it tryes to start burning, but just after some waiting ejects the disc and gives me an error, that burning process failed..

and i suppose it doesn't see, as the computer itself doesn't see the blank disc.. well it says it's a blank cd, but as i've already said, there's no empty space..

#6 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:52 AM

Are you using DVD+R's? As Hamulus link stated. Lite On doesn't support DVD+R. Try a DVD-R.

#7 Nismo44

Nismo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:04 AM

Like i said in the first post, i tryed with OMEGA DVD +R 4.7gb 8x and later with TDK DVD -R 4.7gb 1-16x but still the same..

#8 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:20 AM

Like i said in the first post, i tryed with OMEGA DVD +R 4.7gb 8x and later with TDK DVD -R 4.7gb 1-16x but still the same..

My apologies. I didn't see it.

#9 Nismo44

Nismo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

no problem.. it's just i still don't know what the problem is:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users